Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Kin's closes

I no longer have a place to do my daily vegetable shopping.  After 22 years at Brentwood Mall, Kin's Farm Market has shut its doors tonight to make room for the Brentwood Mall Redevelopment.  Unfortunately, there is no place at the mall to relocate to.  I asked the owner today if they plan to reopen in the neighbourhood and he replied that they are looking for space in the area but haven't yet found anything suitable.  I wonder if Brentwood Mall didn't offer space somewhere else on site or if they expected a higher lease rate to drive Kin's out to make room for a larger grocery tenant.

It was a strange feeling to see empty shelves this afternoon as I went in for the last time to pick up strawberries.  The neighbourhood will definitely miss the friendly faces at the store.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I tried to find information regarding Kin's closure online to no avail. I am so sad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Kin's is able to find another location in the area.

      Delete