Phase 1 of the project will include the following:
- a public plaza
- 2 residential high-rise towers
- a single story commercial building
- underground parking for the towers and plaza
Phase 1 of the project will be situated at the northeast corner of Lougheed Hwy and Willingdon Ave next to Brentwood Station.
On the City of Burnaby website under Council Agendas > 2013 Agendas > 2013 January 28 under "General Information", a brief synopsis is provided describing Phase 1:
The specific intent of the subject rezoning proposal is to permit the development of the commercial component of Phase 1, the provision of the required public plaza at the corner of Willingdon Avenue and Lougheed Highway, the provision of the "High Street" connection between Halifax Street and Alpha Avenue complete with pedestrian connections to the plaza, and the development of the underground parking and loading facilities necessary for Phase 1 commercial and residential development.
The subject application includes a signature building cantilevered over the Plaza area to punctuate the plaza's importance as the focal point of the development site.
The servicing requirements of the City include:
- The construction of Lougheed Hwy across the development frontage to its final standard with a a separated urban trail, street trees, enhanced boulevards, street lighting and pedestrian lighting;
- The construction of Willingdon Ave across the development frontage to its final standard with a a separated urban trail, street trees, enhanced boulevards, street lighting and pedestrian lighting;
- The construction of an internal road through the site connecting Halifax Street to Alpha Ave with separated sidewalks, street trees, enhanced boulevards, street lighting and pedestrian lighting;
- Construction of a Public Plaza over two levels complete with landscaping, pedestrian lighting, public art, seating, weather protection and vertical circulation;
- Construction of Public Pedestrian pathways connecting the Public Plaza to the "High Street" complete with weather protection canopies, landscaping and pedestrian lighting;
- Storm, sanitary sewer and water main upgrades as required.