Sunday, April 8, 2012

City engineer vs local resident on street "improvements"

I found the following video clip on the blog, Price Tags (My Favourites list on the right).  The video was created by Strong Towns (strongtowns.org), an organization in the United States that challenges the "conventional" model of city planning and growth.

The video highlights the potential disconnect somewhere between "old school" engineers and the local residents that municipal governments preside over.  I cannot verify this with documented proof, but from speaking to longtime local residents of my neighbourhood, It seems that the City of Burnaby once had plans to turn Brentlawn Drive into a 4-lane street to "improve" traffic.  I would like to think that the following doesn't happen here.


No comments:

Post a Comment