Monday, December 20, 2010

Moving to Brentwood was the right choice

Before moving into the Brentwood area in 2006 from the area near Broadway and Sperling, my wife and I had seriously contemplated moving to Port Moody with the news that the Evergreen Line was going to be built there. With the line that was supposed to be built by now still in limbo, I feel fortunate that we decided to opt for the more expensive but more convenient Brentwood neighbourhood. I am able to get to work in downtown within 30 minutes of going out my front door, walking to Brentwood Station from where I take the SkyTrain. The convenience of having Brentwood Mall steps away is a bonus.

With the Millennium SkyTrain Line in place, the Brentwood area is ready-made for transit users that work and play in downtown Vancouver. Hopefully the Evergreen Line will be built for the sake of those that moved into the areas along the proposed line in Burnaby, Port Moody, and Coquitlam in the hope that they would benefit from the convenience of rapid transit close to home.

Having lived in North Burnaby most of my life and now in Brentwood for 4 years, I can truly say that I am content to be where I am. As the neighbourhood changes around me, I hope that I am able to document the changes through this blog in a way that others will find interesting as a source of Brentwood history.

No comments:

Post a Comment